The UK Shaolin organisation is delighted to be recruiting for a volunteer coordinator for an up and coming charitable event. This position will be held for the Chinese New Year Celebration 2022 based in Southampton City. We are looking for committed, passionate and highly motivated individuals who work well in a team but also take initiative and are quick problem solvers.
The ideal person will have worked or volunteered for a charity previously however this is advantageous and not essential.
It will be useful to have had previous customer service and administration experience.
Excellent communication skills are essential for the role and good IT skills.
Attention to detail and the ability to organise your workload as well as work to deadlines are key.
If you have a warm and friendly personality with a great sense of humour, have a passion for charity work and Chinese Culture this would be a rewarding environment to work in. Must be available to work and be contactable from December 2021 until 15th February 2022. This is also an opportunity to secure future involvements within the UK Shaolin organisation.
Volunteer manager’s responsibilities:
- Managing volunteer adverts as well as various volunteer promotions
- Liaising with volunteers to answer any queries and contact all previous volunteers to tell them about event and roles within the event
- Build relationships with businesses and local universities to encourage volunteer participation
- Assisting in enrolling new volunteers with a high degree of accuracy
- Preparing documentation for the event including maps and other materials to ensure the event is a success
- Working closely with the event team and participating or helping on the day at the two main events (6th and 12th February 2022) (this will require some weekend working during event season)
- The hours are flexible.
- Attending team meetings online or in person in Southampton.
Visit our website page to get more information about this event.
This is a great opportunity to obtain events/management experience to add to your CV and opens up opportunities for work in future within the organisation.
You will be credited for your role and given written proof and reference of this position.
Closing date for applications 10th December 2021 at 12 noon.
Please submit a cover letter stating why you feel you would be suitable for this position along with your CV to:
For more information you can send us an email with your questions.